Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 8 - May 5, 2009



When I left work tonight Mia was in the parking lot taking tentative jumps around the rain puddles. We had stops to make, my mother voice was going off in my head..."Mia don't get wet..." and then I thought "COME ON, LES! She's 5! Who cares if she is wet when we go to pick up Chinese food?"

I put my purse down on the half flooded driveway and Mia turned and looked at me with the camera in my hands. Her eyebrows raised and the start of a small smile played on her lips.

and the child in me said three words.

Go - For - It!

5 comments:

  1. This picture is adorable and the story that goes along with it is so sweet. We don't let the kid inside of us out enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photo! Yep, I'm the mom who says "don't step in the puddle!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one awesome photo, so glad you didn't stop her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW 0 the shoes are still wet...YUCK! Therefore she got new sneakers see above :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great shot!! I used to let my boys do it all the time but have no beautiful evidence like yours.

    ReplyDelete