Sunday, June 21, 2009

Goodbye

I am so sad to have to write that my mother, Patricia, passed away yesterday. She had fallen a week ago and needed pretty major elbow surgery. I flew out to Florida to be with her and my brother for the surgery on Thursday. Thank God I came because when we brought her home yesterday she sufferd a blod clot within 5 minutes of getting into the house and passes away monutes later. I am shattered. She was the most important person in my life without a doubt. Over the past 20 years since my moving to Seattle I didn't get to see her very much. As a matter of fact the last time I saw her was in September of 2007, Mia was just 4 and we went the the house on St. Simon's. We had a great visit, too short, but wonderful. Since that time my father has been out to stay with me for about half the year, my mom's brother fought throat cancer with her living with him for 6 months and all the other assorted life issues prevented our getting together for a visit sooner. My plan was to come out with Mia in October for a couple weeks. That will never happen.

I know she is in a better place, our upset is worldly and I know as the days go by the shock will wear off and my reaction to her loss will not be so acute. Right now nothing at all makes any sense.

I am not sure if I can access a picture of her to post today. I will if I can.

Don't put off spending the time with your loved ones...today. I am not sure when I will be posting again regularly.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie! I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom, I really can't imagine how you feel and though your post made me cry, I know it must be so much worse for you. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for your comment on my blog I am so glad I could help get you moving again. Scrapbooking is very good therapy, you should definitely make a mini of your Mom and remember all those good times. You'll be in that place with her again one day. Now it's your turn to instill all those values and share the traditions with your daughter, and then she'll live on through the both of you and just maybe you'll sense that she is still hangin around after all. Take care and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sorry to hear about your mom. i lost my dad 4years ago, and it all seemed like just yesterday. i know its difficult, i pray that all will be weel and fine soon with you ;)
    Hugs and love..alll the way from ,jaz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your blog by accident and the first thing I read was about your mom. The ironic thing is that when I read the part about not being able to call her, gave me the chills, I lost mine less than a year ago and my brother right before that. I so want to call her everytime something happens and I can't so I know how you feel. My thoughts are with you.
    On a lighter not, when you feel up to it, maybe you can leave a comment on my blog: www.exclusivelyoursdesigns.blogspot.com
    Thanks and take care

    ReplyDelete